Skip to main content

07.22.2020

  1. A dry-erase surface on masks to write your name on it. 
  2. Public web portals to see other public places around the world (maybe your sister city?) and connect with those from other communities. I imagine something that looks like a Nether portal doorway.
  3. Random etymology generator website. I recently found out the origin of "hungover" and it was something I would have never guessed. No spoilers here, go Google/DuckDuckGo it!
  4. SMS based alerts on what bills and legislation are being introduced to your state congress, and how your local reps have voted on them. There's too many steps to find this info, and we need to knock down those barriers in order for more to feel comfortable to be more politically active.
  5. NFC card (credit card sized) you can keep in your wallet/purse with your medical information for first responders.

Comments

  1. #1 - I like the idea, but dry erase is not breathable. But, wonder about fabric with washable markers?
    #2 - I'm thinking about a display with a camera that you could install in a public space downtown, with another pair somewhere else. When they boot, they automatically connect and show the other's camera feed.
    #3 - Sounds like something the dictionary.com should do
    #4 - I poked at ProPublica's Congress API (https://www.propublica.org/datastore/api/propublica-congress-api). Seems to be only Federal, but I'd be really interested in local or state reps, too.
    #5 - Mm... This tingles my privacy-concern senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas Pete. For #5, I think it could have some type of Blockchain-like handshake with an authorized device the EMT has. Not sure, but I will look into NFC security protocols. Would be interesting to see what's there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment